Friday, October 17, 2008

All Fun and Games When You're Part of the Establishment


In a disgusting display of hubris and complete lack of caring for suffering Americans, Barack Obama and John McCain broke bread, laughed at each other - themselves and anything else -and looked like complete buffoons last night at Alfred E. Smith Memorial Foundation Dinner to benefit Catholic charities in New York.



While Americans are losing their jobs, their homes, and struggling to feed themselves, these two elitist pigs used the guise of a fundraiser and "roast," to hob knob with the jet set and match senses of humor.

I'm not supporting either of these clowns, so I don't particularly take this personally, but I think supporters of both men should be highly insulted and feel rather betrayed. After all, most voters believe their candidate cares about them and their problems.

We're 18 days away from choosing of these guys to be our next leader - during arguably the worst time for this nation in the past 100 years. Yet once again they've proven their nothing more than opposite sides of the same coin, interested in nothing but coming up with hardly witty things like:

"I can't shake that feeling that some people here are pulling for me," McCain said, turning to the far side of the stage. "I'm delighted to see you here tonight, Hillary."

McCain said that his rival was not fazed by being called, "That one," during the second presidential debate. "He doesn't mind at all,” McCain said, “in fact, he even has a pet name for me: George Bush.”

"I do love the Waldorf Astoria,” Obama said. “I hear from the doorstep you can see all the way to the Russian Tea Room." It prompted much laughter from McCain.

“Contrary to the rumors you have heard, I was not born in a manger,” Obama said. “I was actually born on Krypton and sent here by my father Jor-El to save the planet Earth.”

Wow. We're in BIG trouble.

No comments: